Saturday, February 4, 2017

Asia - "Heat of the Moment" (forgotten song)

John Wetton recently died.  Once again, you're probably thinking "who?"  The answer to that question is dependent on your musical orientation.  He was in various incarnations of, among others, Roxy Music, King Crimson, and Uriah Heep but is arguably best known as the bassist/vocalist of Asia, the 1980s "super group".  Their eponymous first LP was hugely successful, expertly finding the middle ground between prog rock and pop, but the following LPs failed to reproduce that success.  "Heat of the Moment" was Asia's first single and the video, with the first use that I can recall of monitor arrays, was in high rotation on MTV.  I remember Bill Glidden had the LP, but either he or I must have also had the 7" because I remember the non-LP B-side "Ride Easy" as well.  I'm not sure I would count myself as a huge Asia fan, but I still turn up "Heat of the Moment" whenever it comes on...

Asia: "Heat of the Moment"

B-side bonus link: "Ride Easy"

No comments:

Post a Comment