Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mayer Hawthorne - "A Strange Arrangement" (LP Review)


This is the best Hall and Oates LP in 30 years.

Mayer Hawthorne (hip-hop / blue-eyed soul's version of Rivers Cuomo) released 2009's "A Strange Arrangement" on Stones Throw Records.

Standout songs: "A Strange Arrangement", "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out", "Maybe So, Maybe No", "I Wish It Would Rain", "One Track Mind", "Let Me Know", "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)"

Skip 'em songs: "Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin'" (I didn't like in 1982 either).

Final Score: 8/10.

2014-03-27 Edit: Just in case there was any doubt, here's Mayer Hawthorne with Daryl Hall on "Live From Daryl's House": "A Strange Arrangement",  "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out", "I Can't Go For That", "Private Eyes", "You Make My Dreams Come True", (full episode)

No comments:

Post a Comment