Friday, December 5, 2014

Utopia - "Feet Don't Fail Me Now" (forgotten song)

I was watching college basketball the other night and after a commercial break ESPN was promoting "Feet Don't Fail Me Now" by Needtobreath.  My one word review for that: "yuck".  Or perhaps "blech".  Or "ZZZzzz".  Or "shit sandwich" (ok, that's two words...)

But it wasn't a total loss since the title was familiar and reminded me of a catchy chorus from the early MTV days.  A quick google search and I found the fun & quirky video for "Feet Don't Fail Me Now" that I had all but forgotten.  Turns out it is by Utopia, a Todd Rundgren-led band active primarily in the 70s & 80s (the song is a single from their self-titled 1982 LP).  I didn't remember any of that (and in 1982 I probably didn't really know who Todd Rundgren was), but I recall the video and the song's strong hook.

Anyone else recall this video?

Utopia - "Feet Don't Fail Me Now"

No comments:

Post a Comment